|University||Karnataka Department of Pre University Education|
|Course & Year||II PUC|
|Download||Model Question Paper|
|Syllabus||Reduced Syllabus 2020-21|
PUE PUC II Biology Model Question Paper
Karnataka Department of Pre University Education (PUE) Second Year PUC Biology Model Question Paper 2020-21 for reduced syllabus.
Download PUC II Biology Model Question Paper
|Course & Subject||Model Question Paper|
|II PUC Biology||Download|
PUC II Biology Model Questions
Answer the following questions in one word or in one sentence each: 10×1=10
1. What is the function of tapetum?
2. Define spermiation.
3. MTPs are legally restricted in our country. Justify by giving reason.
4. Name any one autosomal recessive disorder.
5. Which RNA is also called adapter molecule?
6. Cancer patients are treated with a-interferon. Give reason.
7. Name the pathogenic virus which is used as biocontrol agent.
8. What is RNAi (RNA interference)?
9. Write the equation for representing logistic growth.
10. State the result of David Tilman?s long term ecosystem experiment.
Answer any five of the following questions in 3 to 5 sentences each, wherever applicable 5×2=10
11. Differentiate perisperm and pericarp.
12. List the hormones produced in women only during pregnancy.
13. What is hibernation? Give an example.
14. Write one advantage and one disadvantage of external fertilization.
15. Write a note on the pollination mechanism in Vallisneria.
16. Write the scientific name of organisms causing i) Pneumonia ii) Ring worm
17. Name any two bacteria used as Biofertilizers.
18. Mention the reasons for infertility.
Answer any five of the following questions in about 40 to 80 words each, wherever applicable: 5×3=15
19. Answer the following:
i) Compare Geitonogamy with Xenogamy. (2)
ii) What are Chasmogamous flowers? (1)
20. Mention the different blood groups in humans and their possible genotypes having “i” allele.
21. List the accessory glands associated with male reproductive system.
22. “To a user, the contraceptives must be ideal in all aspects”. Justify the statement by mentioning the qualities of an ideal contraceptive.
23. Differentiate active immunity from passive immunity.
24. Answer the following:
i) Differentiate between Microinjection and Biolistics. (2)
ii) Give an example for disarmed pathogen vector. (1)
25. What is biodiversity? Mention the types of biodiversity.
26. Mention the three regions of transcription unit in DNA.
Answer any four of the following questions in about 200 to 250 words each, wherever applicable: 4×5=20
27. Describe the structure of an anatropous ovule with the help of a neat labelled diagram.
28. Sketch and label a sectional view of female reproductive system.
29. Describe Hershey-Chase experiment.
30. “For hereditary diseases, gene therapy is considered as the corrective therapy”. Justify by explaining gene therapy for Adenosine deaminase (ADA) deficiency.
31. Mention the cause and features of Down?s syndrome.
ii puc question papers for karnataka board , ii puc question papers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers , 2nd puc question papers with answers , 2nd puc question papers with answers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers commerce 2021 , 2nd puc question papers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers with answers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers accountancy , 2nd puc question papers arts , 2nd puc model question papers arts 2021 , 2nd puc question papers karnataka biology , 2nd puc question papers karnataka board , 2nd puc annual exam question papers biology , 2nd puc question papers commerce , 2nd puc question papers commerce , 2nd puc question papers chemistry , 2nd puc question papers commerce , 2nd puc model question papers commerce , 2nd puc model question papers commerce , 2nd puc model question papers commerce , ii puc question papers , ii puc question bank , 2nd puc question papers download , puc question papers download , 2nd puc question papers economics karnataka , 2nd puc previous year question papers english , ii puc electronics model question papers , 2nd puc question papers for commerce
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below