|University||Karnataka Department of Pre University Education|
|Course & Year||II PUC|
|Download||Annual Examination Model Question Paper|
PUE PUC II Biology Model Question Paper 2023
Download Karnataka Department of Pre University Education (PUE) March 2023 Second Year PUC Biology Annual Examination Model Question Paper.
Download PUC II Biology Model Question Paper 2023
|Course & Subject||Model Question Paper|
|II PUC Biology||Download Here|
PUE Karnataka PUC II Biology Model Questions
I. Select the correct alternative from the choices given below: 1 x 15 = 15
1. Which of the following organism exhibits oestrous cycle?
2. Triploid condition is observed in
a) Egg cell
d) Primary endosperm nucleus
3. The first movements of the foetus are observed during which month of the pregnancy?
a) First month
b) Second month
c) Fifth month
d) Sixth month
4. An example for non-medicated IUD is
b) Lippes loop
d) Multiload 375
5. Appearance of autosomal recessive trait results in a condition called
d) Colour blindness
6. Biopsy is useful in the detection of
7. Biofortified bitter gourd is enriched with
a) Vitamin A
c) Vitamin C
8. A typical example for mycorrhiza forming fungus is
9. Select the correct sequence of steps in polymerase chain reaction:
a) Annealing Denaturation Extension
b) Denaturation Annealing Extension
c) Annealing Extension Denaturation
d) Denaturation Extension Annealing
10. In the equation GPP-R = NPP, the letter ‘R’ denotes
a) Respiratory quotient
b) Respiration loss
c) Intrinsic rate of natural increase
d) Regression coefficient
11. Medical termination of pregnancies are considered relatively safe during
a) First trimester of pregnancy
b) Second trimester of pregnancy
c) Third trimester of pregnancy
d) Eighth month of pregnancy
12. A disorder characterized by trisomy of 21 is
a) Down’s syndrome
d) Cystic fibrosis
13. The process of degradation of detritus into simpler inorganic substances by bacterial and fungal enzymes is
14. Desert lizards bask in the sun when their body temperature drops below the comfort zone and move into shade when ambient temperature starts increasing. This is an example for
a) Morphological adaptation
b) Behavioural adaptation
c) Physiological adaptation
d) Biochemical adaptation
15. Each tropic level has certain mass of living material at a particular time called as
a) Standing state
b) Standing crop
II. Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word/words from those given below:
(Saltation, Pioneer species, Tapetum, β-galactosidase, Retrovirus) 1 x 5 = 5
16. The commonly used vector for cloning genes in animals is ………………
17. The species that invade bare areas are called……………..
18. The tissue that nourishes the developing pollen grains is…………………
19. In lac operon, the ‘z’ gene codes for…………………
20. A single-step large mutation that causes speciation is……………..
III. Answer any FIVE of the following questions in 3-5 sentences each, wherever applicable: 2 x 5 = 10
21. What is parthenogenesis? Give an example.
22. Define a) Emasculation b) Bagging
23. List the criteria for a molecule that can act as genetic material.
24. What are homologous organs? Give an example.
25. Differentiate between seasonal breeders and continuous breeders.
ii puc question papers for karnataka board, ii puc question papers 2021, 2nd puc question papers, 2nd puc question papers with answers, 2nd puc question papers with answers 2021, 2nd puc question papers commerce 2021, 2nd puc question papers 2021, 2nd puc question papers with answers 2021, 2nd puc question papers accountancy, 2nd puc question papers arts, 2nd puc model question papers arts 2021, 2nd puc question papers karnataka biology, 2nd puc question papers karnataka board, 2nd puc annual exam question papers biology, 2nd puc question papers commerce, 2nd puc question papers commerce, 2nd puc question papers chemistry, 2nd puc question papers commerce, 2nd puc model question papers commerce, 2nd puc model question papers commerce, 2nd puc model question papers commerce, ii puc question papers, ii puc question bank, 2nd puc question papers download, puc question papers download, 2nd puc question papers economics karnataka, 2nd puc previous year question papers english, ii puc electronics model question papers, 2nd puc question papers for commerce
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below