|Service||SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card|
|Bank||State Bank of India [SBI]|
|Eligibility||Residents of Nagpur|
SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card
State Bank of India and Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) introduces to you Nagpur Metro MAHA Card. MAHA Card, is a contactless dual interface (EMV chip based) prepaid card with stored value functionality for providing a safe, secure and seamless way of payment.
This is a simple way to pay fares across Nagpur Metro. Compartmentalization of amount for different utilities, such as transit, amongst others is a unique feature of this MAHA Card, which can be used for purchase of tickets or loading of passes for metro, using the stored value of the card.
Benefits of SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card
MAHA Card offers many exciting features and a host of benefits for all your payment needs within Nagpur:
• Cashless travels in Nagpur Metro
• Purchase of tickets and store passes for your Metro travel needs
• Chip-protection to ensure better security for your card
• Easy to use Tap-and-Go functionality
How To Get SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card?
To get Maha Card you just have to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
• Visit your nearest Nagpur Metro station and request for the MAHA Card at the counter.
• Fill your details in the simple Application Form and submit it to the operator.
• After entering the details by the operator, One Time Pin (OTP) will be generated and sent to your mobile number provided in the application.
• Share the OTP for validation, pay the card issuance fee and top-up amount to load balance on the card for usage.
SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card Fees & Charges
Applicable charges for the MAHA Card would be as mentioned below:
Documents Required For SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card
For getting the card issued, you are mandatorily required to visit your nearest Nagpur metro station with one of the following OVDs (Officially Valid Documents):
• Passport Number
• Voter ID
• Driving License Number
• NREGA Job card
• Letter issued by the National Population Register, containing details of Name, Address, or Any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator
Note: “Customer can voluntary submit their Aadhaar Card number” for getting the card issued.
How To Use MAHA Card At Nagpur Metro Stations?
MAHA Card has a unique feature of Stored Value balance which can be used across Nagpur Metro. Transactions in off-line mode are executed from the Stored Value balance in the card.
Step-by-step procedure to be followed for using MAHA Card for Metro rides is as under:
• Visit your nearest Nagpur Metro Station. Tap the card at the Entry Gate and as the gate opens, proceed to the platform for boarding the metro.
• After completing the journey, tap the card again at the Exit Gate of destination station.
• The fare amount for the journey undertaken will be debited from the stored value balance on the card.
• Also, passes can be loaded on the specified service area onto the card, as per the business rule of the Metro authorities and can be used for metro rides as above. While travelling by using a pass, the fare amount for the journey will not be deducted as long as the pass is valid, as the value of pass shall be recovered upfront.
How To Check SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card Balance?
Visit your nearest Nagpur Metro Station and tap your MAHA card on the Ticket Readers (TRs) installed at metro stations. Information regarding the card balance and the last five transactions will be displayed on the screen.
How To Top Up SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card?
You can reload the balance on your MAHA Card through one of the following modes of top-up:
At Nagpur Metro Stations:
You can top-up/recharge your card by paying in cash or by using debit/credit card at any of the Nagpur Metro Stations.
Through Online Channel:
You can also top-up your card online by visiting the customer portal at https://transit.sbi/. Visit the nearest Nagpur Metro station and tap your MAHA card on the Ticket Reader (TR) installed metro stations. Information regarding the card balance and the last five transactions will be displayed on the screen. Please note that the top-up done through online payment gateway channel will be updated on the card as and when the card comes into the contact with Ticket Reader.
What to do if my SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card is Stolen?
If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, please follow the below mentioned steps:
• Report the information immediately at Metro Counter OR SBI Contact Centre on 1800 1234 & 1800 2100 (toll-free) or 080-26599990 OR login to Customer Portal to block the card.
• The Contact Center executive will ask for identification details, e.g. Mobile Number, date of birth, etc. On receipt of the information, your card will be blocked to ensure that it is not being used fraudulently by any unauthorized person.
• A ticket number will be sent to your registered mobile number, after blocking of the card. Please do not share your PIN or CVV (Card Verification Value) with any one including Contact Center executive.
• Visit your nearest Nagpur Metro station for Card Replacement and submit a simple application for the same. After ensuring that your previous card has been blocked, a fresh replacement card will be issued to you.
SBI Nagpur Metro Maha Card Contact
You may call 24×7 Customer Care on 1800 1234 & 1800 2100 (toll-free) or 080-26599990 in case of any grievances related to Maha Card.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below