|University||Karnataka Department of Pre University Education|
|Course & Year||II PUC|
|Download||Model Question Paper|
PUE PUC II English Model Question Paper
Karnataka Department of Pre University Education (PUE) Second Year PUC English First Test Model Question Paper 2021.
Download PUC II English Model Question Paper
|Course & Subject||Model Question Paper|
|II PUC English||Download|
PUE PUC II First Test English Model Question Paper
I Answer the following in a word, a phrase or a sentence each. 6×1=6
1. Whose beautyis too dear for earth according to Romeo?
2. What does Juliet want Romeo to be after her death?
3. Name one of the taxes levied on the people of Monaco in ‘Too Dear!’.
4. How much money did the criminal receive before he was let free in ‘Too Dear!’?
5. Where do the souls of children live according to the speaker in ‘On Children’?
6. The ‘Archer’ in ‘On Children’ refers to the a) speaker. b) prophet. c) almighty.
II Answer any four of the following in a paragraph of 80-100 words. 4×4=16
7. How does Romeo express his appreciation for Juliet’s beauty?
8. Write a note on the‘gaming house’ in ‘Too Dear!’.
9. Why was the death sentence altered in ‘Too Dear!? Explain.
10. What reasons did the prisoner put forward when he was asked to run away?
11. What should the parents keep in mind while raising their children according to the speaker in ‘On Children’?
III Answer the following in about 200 words. 1×6=6
12. Both Romeo and Juliet employ contrasting images in their expression of appreciation and admiration for each other. Elaborate. OR ‘Too Dear!’ makes us aware of the foolishness of rulers. Justify. OR m ‘On Children’ persuades parents to look upon their children in new light. Discuss.
IV A. Read the following passage and answer the questions set on it. 5×1=5
13. The word ‘mosquito’ comes from Spanish origin and it means ‘little fly’. The word applies to some 3000 members of the family culicidae.Mosquitoes are found almost everywhere. Not all mosquitoes bite humans, in fact most prefer to bite something else. Male mosquitoes don’t bite. Their only purpose in life is to mate. A female usually mates only once in her life and just before or soon afterwards, she goes on the hunt for blood, which she needs to feed her eggs with protein and vitamins.
a. Name the language from which the word ‘mosquito’ comes.
b. The word ‘culicidae’ in the passage refers to the family of a) plants. b) birds. c) insects.
c. Which of the mosquitoes don’t bite?
d. What does the female mosquito need the blood for?
e. Add prefix to ‘usual’ to form its antonym.
V) 14. Complete the following by filling in the blanks using the right form of the verb given in brackets. 3×2= 6
a) Monaco had neither a guillotine nor an expert. So it __________ (decide) to address an enquiry to the French Government. A letter _________ (write). Soon a reply _________ (receive).
b) A few years ago, a murder ________ (commit). The case ________ (try) in the most judicial manner. The criminal ________ (sentence) to death.
15. Report the following conversation. 5×1=5
Minister : Why do you not run away? There is no guard to keep you. The Prince will not mind.
Criminal : I know it. But I have nowhere to go.
16. What do the underlined words in the following extract refer to? 4×1=4
Mosquitoes are found almost everywhere. Not all of them (i) bite humans. Male mosquitoes don’t bite. Their(ii) only purpose in life is to mate. A female usually mates only once in her(iii) life and just before or soon afterwards, she(iv) goes on the hunt for blood, which she needs to feed her eggs with protein and vitamins.
i) them ………….. ii) Their ………………..
iii) her ……………… iv) she …………………..
17. Rearrange the following segments to form meaningful sentence. 2×1=2
a) the /plan is /expensive /present/ too
b) people /their /on me /will /backs /turn
ii puc question papers for karnataka board , ii puc question papers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers , 2nd puc question papers with answers , 2nd puc question papers with answers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers commerce 2021 , 2nd puc question papers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers with answers 2021 , 2nd puc question papers accountancy , 2nd puc question papers arts , 2nd puc model question papers arts 2021 , 2nd puc question papers karnataka biology , 2nd puc question papers karnataka board , 2nd puc annual exam question papers biology , 2nd puc question papers commerce , 2nd puc question papers commerce , 2nd puc question papers chemistry , 2nd puc question papers commerce , 2nd puc model question papers commerce , 2nd puc model question papers commerce , 2nd puc model question papers commerce , ii puc question papers , ii puc question bank , 2nd puc question papers download , puc question papers download , 2nd puc question papers economics karnataka , 2nd puc previous year question papers english , ii puc electronics model question papers , 2nd puc question papers for commerce
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below