|Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship For Minorities 2022-23|
|Department||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Portal||National Scholarship Portal [NSP]|
|Eligibility||Minority students studying in Classes XI and XII|
|Last Date||31st October 2022|
NSP Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/ college/ university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
Eligibility of Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities
• Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses
• Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh
How To Apply For Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities?
The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website
Steps To Apply For Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities
• Visit National Scholarship Portal
• Click on New Registration to register (or) Login with your credentials
• After successful registration/ login, fill the online scholarship application form
• Submit form
Selection Procedure of Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities
As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an income certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Rate of Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities
Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee:
• Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
• Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more year of duration): Rs. 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
• Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
• For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course*: Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar
Conditions For Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities
• Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
• An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
• A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
• The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (provided the students pursues the same course and same Institute/School).
• Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
• Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
• Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
• The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
• Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of academic course.
• If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme
Last Date For Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities
Lase date for Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities online application is 31st October 2022
NSP Scholarship Helpdesk
Email : helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in
Call : 0120 – 6619540
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below