|Pre Matric Scholarship For Minorities 2022-23
|Ministry of Minority Affairs
|National Scholarship Portal [NSP]
|Students of Classes 1 to 10
|30th September 2022
NSP Pre Matric Scholarships For Minorities
The scholarship at pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio economic conditions of the minority communities
Eligibility of Pre Matric Scholarships For Minorities
• Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh
• The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X, including such residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government and Union Territory Administration concerned
How To Apply For Pre Matric Scholarships For Minorities?
The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website
Steps To Apply For Pre Matric Scholarships For Minorities
• Visit National Scholarship Portal
• Click on New Registration to register (or) Login with your credentials
• After successful registration/ login, fill the online scholarship application form
• Submit form
Selection Procedure of Pre Matric Scholarships For Minorities
As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an Income Certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same Institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs
Rate of Pre Matric Scholarships For Minorities
Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee:
• Admission Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
• Tuition Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 350/- per month subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
For Class I to V: Rs. 100/- per month for Day Scholar
For Class VI to X:
• Rs. 600/- per month for Hosteller
• Rs. 100/-per month for Day Scholar
Conditions For Pre Matric Scholarships For Minorities
• Scholarship will be available to the students of minority community studying in Classes I to X.
• An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
• A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
• The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous years examination.
• Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
• Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
• Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
• The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
• If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme
Last Date For PreMatric Scholarships For Minorities
Lase date for Post Matric Scholarships For Minorities online application is 30th September 2022
NSP Scholarship Helpdesk
Email : helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in
Call : 0120 – 6619540
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below