|Department||NCT Delhi Education Department|
|Download||DoE Sample Question Papers|
DelE Sample Question Papers
DelE Education Department, Government of NCT of Delhi, Class VIII Sample Question Papers 2018-19
Download Class VIII Sample Question Papers
|Subject||Sample Paper (Nishtha)||Sample Paper (Pratibha)|
Class VIII English Sample Questions
Read the following passage and answers the questions that follow: There are two different kinds of camel, one, known as the Dromedary, it has a single hump; the other is called a Bactrian camel and has two humps. The humps help the animal to survive in the desert, by acting as storage containers. They actually contain fat which gives food to the camel when there is no food.
(a) Name the two kinds of camels?
(b) How many humps does the Dromedary camel have?
(c) How many humps does the Bactrian camel have?
(d) How do the humps help the camel?
(e) What do the humps contain?
(f) Find a word from the passage which means the same as remain alive.
(g) Find the opposite of the word ‘take’ from the passage. Look at the poster given below and answer the questions that follow:
Choose the correct preposition to fill in the blanks
1. We are going for a school trip _______Friday (on/at).
2. The match starts_8PM (at/on).
Chooses the correct degree of adjective to complete tree (short/shorter).
1. The mango tree is ______than the coconut tree (Short/shorter).
2. Manish is the ________boy in the class (tall/tallest).
Uses the correct from of the verb to fill in the blanks.
1. Raveena _________to the temple everyday (go/goes).
2. I _____football with my friends last Saturday (play/played).
Read the extract given below and answers the questions.
“Pa, I’m a big boy now and don’t need to drink milk.
Why don’t I go and see if I can find the fawn?”
“And bring it here?”
1. Who is the big boy being talked about in these lines?
2. Who does he want to give his share of mile to?
3. What did he want to do with the fawn?
Read the stanzas and answers the questions that follow
Said the Duck to the kangaroo,
‘Good gracious! How you hop!
Over the field and the water too,
As if you never would stop!
My life is bore in this nasty pond,
And I long to go out in the world beyond!
1. Where all does the Kangaroo hop?
2. How is the life of the duck?
3. Give the Rhyme scheme of this stanza?
Answer the following questions in 1-2 sentences (Do any 3?):
1. Had Bepin Babu actually lost his memory?
2. What did the speaker say to the child in the poem ‘The last Bargain?
3. What had happened to Jody’s father?
4. Who was Bepin Babu’s doctor?
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below