|University||Karnataka Department of Pre University Education|
|Course & Year||I PUC|
|Download||Model Question Paper|
|Syllabus||Reduced Syllabus 2020-21|
PUE PUC Model Question Paper
Karnataka Department of Pre University Education (PUE) First Year PUC English Model Question Paper 2020-21 for reduced syllabus.
Download Model Question Paper
|Course & Subject||Model Question Paper|
|I PUC English||Download|
English Model Questions
I Answer the following in a word, a phrase or in a sentence each:
1. According to the elephant, whose skin is harder in ‘The Gentlemen of the Jungle’?
2. Where do the children spend ‘many an anxious hour’ in ‘The school Boy’?
3. What was the narrator doing to earn a living in ‘Oru Manushyan’?
4. Name the school that Babar Ali runs for the underprivileged children.
5. Who wouldn’t flee shouting for a bath in ‘If I was a Tree’?
6. Which is the sacred animal mentioned in ‘If I was a Tree’?
7. Who was considered a lunatic in ‘Watchman of the Lake’?
8. In ‘Watchman of the Lake’, the river Veda is the plaything of the________
a) King. b) watchman. c) Goddess.
9. How many children does the farmer’s wife have?
10. How much did the old woman demand from the visitors?
11. What was Nicola and Jacopo’s father?
12. In ‘Oru Manushyan’ the people in the restaurant looked like hungry________ a. wolves. b. tigers. c. lions.
II Answer any 8 of the following choosing at least two from poems in a paragraph of 80-100 words each
13. Narrate the circumstances that led to the dispute between the man and the elephant in ‘The
Gentlemen of the Jungle’.
14. ‘The Gentlemen of the Jungle’ is a critique of European super powers and their laws. Explain.
15. Why is the little boy uninterested to go to school on summer morning in ‘The School Boy’?
16. Describe the people and the place in which the narrator lived in ‘Oru Manushyan’.
17. Write a note on ‘Anand Shiksha Niketan’ started by Babar Ali.
18. Bring out the significance of the sacred spot that Mara describes to the king in ‘Watchman of the lake’.
19. How did Mara react when he saw a man fishing in the lake in ‘Watchman of the lake’?
20. Why did the farmer’s wife decide to live?
21. How is the plight of the old woman depicted in ‘An old Woman’?
22. What did the narrator learn about Lucia from the nurse in ‘Two Gentlemen of Verona’?
III Answer the following in about 200 words.
23. Babar Ali is a wonder, an inspiration for others. Discuss.
Describe how the poem ‘If I was a Tree’ brings out the pains of a man rejected by his society.
Explain Mara’s commitment in protecting the lake.
IV. Read the following passage and answer the questions set on it.
We know how light is usually produced. It is made by burning things. We burn wax in a candle, oil in a lamp, and electricity in an electric bulb. But these things – candles and lamps give out not only light but also a large amount of heat. There are some living things which can give out light without any heat at all. There are a large number of such living things, such as fireflies and glow worms which give light. The light given out by these insects is cold light, because it is not made by burning anything. If they were, they would get burn up themselves. The light is produced by chemical changes in their bodies.
A French scientist named Dubois found out that the glow-worm gave out a glow because of a chemical. He called it ‘Luciferin’. Later he found out that Luciferin by itself cannot give out light. It must act with other chemical. He wanted to know what this other chemical was. A few years later he found out the other chemical and named it ‘Luciferase’.
But soon it was found out that all glowing insects do not have the same chemicals. In short, we still do not know exactly how a glow- worm glows! You may know that a glow-worm really is a small beetle. The female glow-worm does not have wings; she cannot fly. She is the one that carries the small light and gives the night such a beauty.
We know why these insects produce cold light. The glow-worm wants the male beetle to see her; from her light the male knows where she is. Fireflies also use their lights for the same reason. Some fishes use a glow to get their food. For instance, the squid, a creature which lives in the sea, uses its glow to save itself from larger fishes.
24. How is the light usually produced, according to the passage?
25. Name any one of the things that produces light by burning.
26. Which creatures produce light without burning anything?
27. What is the light given out by the insects called?
28. What would happen if the insects produce light by burning?
29. The insects mentioned in the passage produce light by a) chemical changes in their bodies. b) burning. c) electricity.
30. Who found out that the glow-worms glow because of a chemical present in their bodies?
31. Name one of the chemicals found in the glow worms.
32. All _________ (glow) insects do not have the same chemical. (Add a suffix to the word given in the brackets to make the sentence meaningful.)
33. Which of the glow-worms do not have wings?
i puc question papers for karnataka board , i puc question papers 2021 , 1st puc question papers , 1st puc question papers with answers , 1st puc question papers with answers 2021 , 1st puc question papers commerce 2021 , 1st puc question papers 2021 , 1st puc question papers with answers 2021 , 1st puc question papers accountancy , 1st puc question papers arts , 1st puc model question papers arts 2021 , 1st puc question papers karnataka biology , 1st puc question papers karnataka board , 1st puc annual exam question papers biology , 1st puc question papers commerce , 1st puc question papers commerce , 1st puc question papers chemistry , 1st puc question papers commerce , 1st puc model question papers commerce , 1st puc model question papers commerce , 1st puc model question papers commerce , ii puc question papers , ii puc question bank , 1st puc question papers download , puc question papers download , 1st puc question papers economics karnataka , 1st puc previous year question papers english , i puc electronics model question papers , 1st puc question papers for commerce
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below