|Department||Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection [Public Distribution System]
|Service||Application For New Smart Ration Card|
|Eligibility||Residents of Tamil Nadu|
TNPDS Ration Card
Ration cards are an official document issued by state governments in India to households that are eligible to purchase subsidised food grain from the Public Distribution System under the National Food Security Act (NFSA). They also serve as a common form of identification for many Indians.
Who Can Apply For Ration Card?
• The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens
• The applicant and his/her family must be living and cooking separately
• The applicant and his/her family must be ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu
• The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India
• The applicant or any of his/her family members must not be a member in any other family card in Tamil Nadu
• The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
Steps To Apply For New Smart Card
1. Visit TNPDS Smart Card Application Page.
2. Fill Online Application Form
3. Upload Family Head Photo
4. Submit Form
• Fields marked with *are mandatory /For transliteration in Tamil, Please type the word in English and Press Space bar (or) Tab key.
• To retain any letter in English in Tamil field, Kindly press two times backspace key after typing the letter and then pick up the equivalent english from drop down menu
AAY Family Cards:
Poorest of poor families have been identified and Anthyodaya Anna Yojana markings have been made in the family cards issued to these families. AAY card holders are getting 35 Kg of Rice every month at free of cost. With a view to eliminate ineligible families from AAY scheme periodic exercise are being conducted by District Collectors. Whenever ineligible beneficiaries are eliminated they are substituded by new beneficiaries.
Thiruvannamalai, Villupuram, Dindigul, Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Sivagangai districts have been identified as poorer districts in this State as per the directions of Supreme Court of India and more number of beneficiaries have been identified in these districts.
Family Cards for Transgender Persons:
The fact that transgender persons suffer social ostracism and tend to live away from their families along with other transgender persons. There is need to modify the concept of family as applied to ration cards, in their case. Government of Tamil Nadu, after recognizing their plight, have formed the Welfare Board for transgender persons and have issued identity cards. District Collectors have been authorised to issue family cards to transgender persons based on such identity card after due verification.
Family Cards issued to Homeless persons:
The State Government have taken every care to protect the homeless urban poor families in the state. Instructions have been issued to all Collectors to the effect that, Family Card to be issued to homeless urban poor people giving the door number of adjacent house to which these people are living either in platform or in the street corner.
Call : 1967 ( or ) 1800-425-5901
Email : email@example.com
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below