|Announcement||Income Tax Department|
|Service||Aadhaar & PAN Card Linking Status|
|Eligibility||People applied for Aadhaar & PAN Card linking|
Aadhaar & PAN Card Linking Status
Linking Aadhar with PAN has become mandatory because your income tax return would not be processed if your Aadhar is not linked with PAN. Also, if you have to carry out a banking transaction above Rs. 50,000, you have to get your PAN and Aadhar linked.
Steps To Check Aadhaar & PAN Link Status
1. Visit Link Aadhaar Status Page
2. Enter PAN Number
3. Enter Aadhaar Number
4. Click ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’
• As per CBDT circular F.No. 370142/14/22-TPL dated on 30th March 2022, every person who has been allotted a PAN as on 1st July 2017 and is eligible to obtain Aadhaar number is required to link PAN with AADHAAR on or before 31st March, 2022.
• Taxpayers who failed to do so are liable to pay a fee of Rs.500 till 30th June, 2022 and thereafter a fee of Rs.1000 will be applicable before submission of PAN-AADHAAR linkage request .
• Please pay the applicable fee on ‘https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp’ Protean (NSDL) portal to proceed with submission of Aadhaar-PAN linking request. Click on Proceed under CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280 for submission of Aadhaar-PAN linking request.
• In case payment is already done on Protean (NSDL) portal, please try linking after 4-5 working days from the date of payment.
• Please make sure fee payment is done under Minor head 500 (Fee) and Major head 0021 [Income Tax (Other than Companies)] in single challan.
What is Aadhaar?
Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI (“Authority”) to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process laid down by the Authority. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident of India, may voluntarily enrol to obtain Aadhaar number.
Person willing to enrol has to provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process which is totally free of cost. An individual needs to enrol for Aadhaar only once and after de-duplication only one Aadhaar shall be generated, as the uniqueness is achieved through the process of demographic and biometric de-duplication.
What is PAN?
A permanent account number is a ten-character alphanumeric identifier, issued in the form of a laminated “PAN card”, by the Indian Income Tax Department, to any “person” who applies for it or to whom the department allots the number without an application. It can also be obtained in the form of a PDF file.
aadhaar pan link status , aadhaar pan link online , aadhaar pan link last date , aadhaar pan link tamil , aadhaar pan link through sms , aadhaar pan link website not working , aadhaar pan link status check , aadhaar pan link last date extended , aadhaar pan link with mobile number online , aadhaar pan link at incometaxindiaefiling gov in , aadhaar pan link application , pan aadhaar link app , aadhaar pan link hyperlink , uidai aadhaar pan link , aadhaar pan link bank account , aadhaar and pan link with lic policy , aadhaar pan linking last date , aadhaar pan link is mandatory for all , aadhaar pan link deadline , aadhaar pan linking notification , aadhaar pan link by sms , aadhaar pan bank link , pan aadhaar link status by sms , pan aadhaar link with bank account sbi , aadhaar link by pan card , pan card aadhaar link bangla , aadhaar card pan card link sbi bank account , pan linking with aadhar
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below