|Department||NCT Delhi Education Department|
|Class||Class X (10th Standard)|
DelE Class X Question Bank
DelE Education Department, Government of NCT of Delhi, Class X Science Question Bank.
Download Class X Science Question Bank
|Delhi Class X Science Question Bank||Download Here|
Class X Science Sample Questions
1.Why does not a wall immediately acquire a white colour when a coating of slaked lime is applied on it ?
2.Define displacement reaction with one example.
3.Identify the most reactive and least reactive metal : Al, K, Ca, Au.
4.What happens chemically when quick lime is added to water ?
5.Give an example of exothermic reaction.
6.Give an example of endothermic reaction.
7.Name the gas that can be used for the storage of fresh sample of chips for a long time.
8.Give an example of a double displacement reaction (only reaction with complete balanced equation).
9.Why are decomposition reactions called the opposite of combination reactions ? Write equations for these reactions.
10.Take a small amount of calcium oxide or quick lime in a beaker and slowly add water to this. Is there any change in temperature ?
11.Name two salts that are used in black and white photography..
12.State the chemical change that takes place when lime stone is heated
13.What type of lens is used to correct (a) Hypermetropia, (b) Myopia ?
14. Name the defect of vision in which the eye-lens loses its power of accommodation due to old age.
15. What is the far point of a person suffering from myopia ?
16. What is the other name of old age hypermetropia ?
17. You friend can read a book perfectly well but cannot read the writing on black-board unless she sits on the front row in class. Is she short-sighted or long-sighted ?
18.Which of the two is scattered more easily – light of shorter wavelength or light of longer wavelength ?
19. What is the near and far point of a normal eye ?
20. State two effects produced by the scattering of light by the atmosphere.
21. What is tyndall effect ?
22. Which light has longer wavelength – red light or blue light ?
23. What do you understand by dispersion of light ?
24. As light rays pass from air into a glass prism, are they refracted towards or away from the normal ?
25.Define S.I. unit of :
(a) Electric current
(b) Potential difference
(d) Electric power
(e) Electrical energy consumed
26. Define the term resistivity.
27. Device used for measuring the current is……………. …
28. Name the element of filament of a bulb
29. Write two types of resistors combination.
30.Define magnetic field lines.
31. What is the frequency of a.c. in India ?
32. Who discovered the electromagnetic induction ?
33. What is short circuit ?
34. Why does two magnetic field lines not intersect ?
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below