|Board||Central Board of Secondary Education [CBSE]|
|Class||12th / XII|
|Download||Previous Year Sample Question Papers|
CBSE Class XII English Core Sample Question Paper
Central Board of Secondary Education [CBSE] Class 12th English Core Sample Question Paper
Download Class 12th English Core Sample Question Papers
|Class 12th English Core 2020-21 Sample Question Paper||Download|
|Class 12th English Core 2019-20 Sample Question Paper||Download|
|Class 12th English Core 2018-19 Sample Question Paper||Download|
|Class 12th English Core 2017-18 Sample Question Paper||Download|
|Class 12th English Core 2016-17 Sample Question Paper||Download|
|Class 12th English Core 2015-16 Sample Question Paper||Download|
CBSE Class XII English Core Sample Question
1. Read the passage given below.
1. “Who doesn’t know how to cook rice? Cooking rice hardly takes time.” said my father. So, I challenged myself. I switched from news to YouTube and typed, “How to cook rice?” I took one and a half cups of rice. Since I didn’t have access to a rice cooker, I put the rice in a big pot. Firstly, the rice has to be washed to get rid of dust and starch. I thought I won’t be able to drain the rice and that it will fall out of the pot. I observed the chef as I swirled the rice around and used my dexterous hands to drain it, not once, not twice, but three times. I looked down at the sink and saw less than 50 grains that made their way out of the pot. Suffice to say, I was up to the mark.
2. The video stated that the key to perfect rice is equal amounts of rice and water. I have heard that professionals don’t need to measure everything; they just know what the right amount is. But as this was my first time in the kitchen, I decided to experiment by not measuring the water needed for boiling the rice. I wanted the rice to be firm when bitten, just like pasta. I don’t enjoy the texture of mushy rice. It has to have that chutzpah; it has to resist my biting power just for a bit before disintegrating.
3. After what seemed like 10 minutes, all the water disappeared. I went in to give it a good stir. To my surprise, some of the rice got stuck to the pot. I tried to scrape it off but to no avail. At the same time, there was a burning smell coming from it. I quickly turned the stove off. “What have you done to the kitchen?” shouted Mother, while coming towards the kitchen. I managed to ward her off.
4. Finally, when the time came to taste my creation, I was surprised! It wasn’t bad at all. The rice had the desired consistency. Sure, a little more salt would’ve been better, but I just added that while eating. The experience was fairly rewarding and memorable. It taught me a new sense of respect for those who cook food on a regular basis at home or engage in gourmet creations professionally.
On the basis of your understanding of the above passage, answer ANY TEN questions from the eleven given below.
i. Father’s question to the narrator, about knowing how to cook rice, was intended to
a. criticize the narrator’s lack of abilities.
b. make the process sound simple.
c. encourage the narrator to take up cooking.
d. showcase his own expertise in cooking rice.
ii. “I switched from news to YouTube …” Pick the option in which the meaning of ‘switch(ed)’ is NOT the same as it is in the passage.
a. He switched on the radio to listen to the news while having dinner.
b. “Forget these diet supplements and switch to yoga, if you want a true sense of well-being.”
c. Mom switched to reading fiction recently because she was bored with cook-books.
d. The company will switch the trucks to other routes to bring down city pollution.
iii. Based on your understanding of the passage, choose the option that lists the correct sequence of the process.
1. Use water to wash the rice.
2. Repeat the process three times.
3. Drain the water off.
4. Put rice in a utensil.
5. Swirl the water in and around the rice.
iv. The narrator says that he has dexterous hands. He would have had a problem had it been the opposite. NOT BEING dexterous means, being
cbse 12th question paper pattern 2021, cbse 12th question paper 2020, cbse 12th question paper 2019, cbse 12th question paper 2021, cbse 12th question paper pattern, cbse 12th question paper commerce, cbse 12th question paper physics, cbse 12th question paper 2019 physics, cbse 12th question paper accountancy, cbse class 12 question paper 2020 accountancy, cbse 12th accountancy question paper 2017 with answer key, cbse 12th accountancy question paper 2019, cbse class 12 question paper business studies, cbse class 12 question paper biology 2020, cbse class 12 question paper biology, cbse class 12 question paper 2019 biology, cbse class 12 chemistry question paper blueprint, cbse 12th biology question paper 2020, cbse 12th board question paper 2020, cbse 12th biology question paper 2019 pdf, cbse class 12 question paper chemistry, cbse class 12 question paper computer science, cbse class 12 question paper chemistry 2020, 12th cbse question papers chapter wise, cbse class 12 maths question paper chapter wise, cbse class 12 question paper 2019 chemistry, cbse class 12 question paper 2016 chemistry
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below