|Central Board of Secondary Education [CBSE]
|10th / X
|Sample Question Paper 2023-24
CBSE Class X Social Science Sample Question Paper
Download Central Board of Secondary Education [CBSE] Class 10th Social Science Sample Question Paper 2023-24 PDF Free Online
Download CBSE Class X Social Science Sample Question Paper
|Class X Social Science Sample Question Paper
CBSE Class X Social Science Sample Questions
1. Identify the correct option that describes the act given below.
i. The Act was passed by the Imperial Legislative Council.
ii. It gave power to the government to repress political activities.
iii. It empowered the government to detain political prisoners without trial.
a. Rowlatt Act
b. Vernacular Press Act
c. Government of India Act
d. Inland Emigration Act
2. Which place in India has an artificial lake to conserve water that dates to 11th century?
3. Which of the following options represent potential measures that can be taken to mitigate the threats posed by mining activities on the Buxar tiger reserve’s ecosystem and biodiversity?
i. Implementing stricter regulations and monitoring mechanisms.
ii. Enforcing buffer zones around protected areas.
iii. Promoting alternative livelihoods and sustainable economic development
in the surrounding communities.
iv. Displacement of Tiger reserve from Buxar
a. Statement i and ii are correct.
b. Statement ii, iii & iv are correct
c. Statement ii is correct.
d. Statement i, ii, & iii are correct.
4. Which of the following statements accurately distinguishes between
Majoritarianism and Power sharing?
a. Majoritarianism emphasizes the dominance of the majority community, while Power sharing emphasizes the sharing of power among different groups.
b. Majoritarianism emphasizes the need for consensus building, while Power sharing emphasizes the exclusion of minority groups.
c. Majoritarianism emphasizes the importance of accommodating minority interests, while Power sharing emphasizes the need for majority rule.
d. Majoritarianism emphasizes the need for peaceful resolution of conflicts, while Power sharing emphasizes the use of force to impose the majority’s will.
5. When many countries of Europe came together to form the European Union, ______ was chosen as its headquarters.
6. There are two statements marked as Assertion (A) and Reason (R). Mark your answer as per the codes provided below:
Assertion: Democracy increases not only expectations but also complaints.
Reason: Complaining is itself a testimony to the success of democracy.
a. Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
b. Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
c. (A) is correct but (R) is wrong
d. (A) is wrong but (R) is correct
7. If “R” wants cloth, which “S” has, then “R” should have a commodity that “S” wants in exchange for the cloth. In the absence of such coincidence of wants, there will be no exchange. Identify the situation and choose the right option that will definitely help “R” and “S” to eliminate this situation.
a. Double coincidence of want, Exchanging commodity for commodity.
b. Double Coincidence of want, Credit on Commodity
c. Double coincidence of want, Loan on commodity.
d. Double coincidence of want, Money
8. You are a citizen of a country that has a democratic form of government. You want to ensure that the system of power-sharing in your country is effective and that no one branch of government has absolute power. Which of the following measures would best meet this goal?
a. All power is concentrated in the hands of the central government, which has the final say in all matters.
b. Power is divided between the central government and the states or provinces, with each level having its own sphere of influence.
c. Power is separated among the legislative, executive, and judicial branches, with each branch having its own responsibilities and powers.
d. Power is shared among different levels of government, such as the national, regional, and local governments, with each level having some degree of autonomy.
cbse class x sample paper 2022, cbse 2022 sample paper class 10, cbse 2022 sample paper, cbse class x sample paper 2021-22, cbse class x sample question paper 2022 23 answers, cbse class x sample question paper 2022 23 answers pdf, cbse class x sample question paper 2022 23 all subjects, cbse class x sample question paper 2022 23 ai, cbse class x sample question paper 2022 23 and literature.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below