|Service||Register For TNUWWB Social Security Scheme|
|Department||Tamil Nadu Unorganised Workers Welfare Board [TNUWWB]|
Tamil Nadu Unorganized Labour Welfare Boards [TNUWWB]
To regulate the working conditions of workers engaged in unorganized sector in Tamil Nadu and to provide them with social security, the Government of Tamil Nadu enacted the Tamil Nadu Manual Laborers (Regulation of Work and Working Conditions) Act in 1982.
18 Welfare Boards implemented by Tamil Nadu Government
• Tamil Nadu Construction Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Manual Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Drivers and Automobile Workshop Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Washerman Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Hair Dressers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Tailoring Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Handicrafts Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Palm Tree Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Handloom and Handloom Silk Weaving Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Footwear and Leather Goods Manufactory and Tannery Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Artists Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Goldsmiths Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Pottery Workers Welfare Board
• Tamil Nadu Domestic Workers Welfare Board
• Tamil Nadu Power Loom Weaving Workers Welfare Board
• Tamil Nadu Street Vending and Shops and Establishments Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Cooking and Catering Workers Welfare Board.
• Tamil Nadu Fire and Matches Workers Welfare Board
How To Register For TNUWWB Social Security Scheme?
Procedures for Registration under Social Security Scheme in Tamil Nadu Unorganized Workers Welfare Board [TNUWWB]
• Register at TNUWWB Website
• Applicant should be between 18 years – 60 years.
• Workers can login only by entering their valid phone number.
• Workers can login only through Password (O.T.P) till approval of Assistant Commissioner of Labour.
• Application number will be sent to applicant mobile after submission of application.
• If any clarification is required in their application the concerned authority will ask for details. Applicant will come to know that the details have been requested through a text message sent to the Registered mobile number.
• If the application is approved by the authority. Applicant will be issued a Permanent Registration Number. Permanent Registration Number and Password, will be sent by SMS to their registered mobile number.
• Registered workers can get allowances under welfare schemes for their family members. Also, as age is the basis for getting all the scholarships including education, marriage, etc., one should enter the details of their family members completely and their age correctly.
• There is no charge for all services including registration, renewal, petition and submission in Welfare Board.
Application Resubmission Procedure
• Login again with their mobile number and submit the application as per the clarification needed.
• If the application is approved by the authority. Applicant will be issued a Permanent Registration Number. Permanent Registration Number and Password, will be sent by SMS to their registered mobile number. Applicant can download the registration certificate through it.
Documents Required For TNUWWB Social Security Scheme
• Employment Certificate. In the application for registration, proof of being engaged in the relevant profession should be furnished by any of the following:
• Registered Contractor (Construction Board only).
• Government bodies or institutions engaged in the construction industry.
• Registered trade union.
• Village Administrative Officer / Revenue Inspector or Assistant Director, Occupational Safety and Health (For Tamil Nadu Manual Workers Welfare Board and other 17 Welfare Boards only).
• Identity Certificate (upload driving license, school certificate, voter ID card, certificate from a registered medical practitioner or a certificate from a doctor not below the rank of Civil Surgeon of a Government Hospital (in the prescribed form)).
• Family card (Ration Card)
• First page of nationalized bank account book
• Aadhaar Card
• Nominee Document – Nominated as a family member after marriage. Must have and family card as supporting document (or) Can be a member of another district after marriage. So please upload the document related to labor relationship with the nominee.
Payment of Welfare Scheme Assistance into Bank Account (ECS)
The welfare benefits of these schemes are paid directly into the bank account of the registered worker.
|WELFARE ASSISTANCE FOR REGISTERED WORKERS OF TAMILNADU CONSTRUCTION WORKERS WELFARE BOARD|
|S.NO||SCHEME||WELFARE ASSISTANCE||OFFERED SUM Rs.|
|1||MARRIAGE||(FOR A FAMILY ONLY TWICE)
FOR SELF (OR) SON (OR) DAUGHTER MARRIAGE
|2||MATERNITY||FOR REGISTERED FEMALE WORKERS
(ONLY FOR FIRST TWO CHILD)
(FOR REGISTERED FEMALE WORKERS ONLY TWICE)
(FOR EACH ACADEMIC YEAR)
|TO STUDY 6TH,7TH,8TH & 9TH||Rs.1,000/-|
|TO STUDY 10TH
(FOR FEMALE CHILD)
|TO STUDY 11TH
(FOR FEMALE CHILD)
|TO STUDY 12TH
(FOR FEMALE CHILD)
|4||GRADUATE||REGULAR COURSES DAY SCHOLAR AND HOSTLERS||Rs.4,000/-|
|5||POST GRADUATE||REGULAR COURSES DAY SCHOLAR||Rs.4,000/-|
|REGULAR COURSES HOSTLERS||Rs.5,000/-|
|6||PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE COURSE||DAY SCHOLAR – COURSES LIKE ENGINEERING, LAW, MEDICAL,VETERINARY SCIENCE||Rs.4,000/-|
|HOSTLERS – COURSES LIKE ENGINEERING, LAW, MEDICAL, VETERINARY SCIENCE||Rs.6,000/-|
|7||PROFESSIONAL POST GRADUATE COURSE||DAY SCHOLAR – PROFESSIONAL POST GRADUATE COURSE||Rs.6,000/-|
|HOSTLER – PROFESSIONAL POST GRADUATE COURSE||Rs.8,000/-|
|8||ITI (OR) POLYTECHNIC||DAY SCHOLAR – ITI (OR) POLYTECHNIC COURSE||Rs.3,000/-|
|HOSTLER – ITI (OR) POLYTECHNIC COURSE|
|9||SPECTACLES||ALLOWANCE FOR SPECTACLES||Rs.500/- ATMOST|
|10||PENSION||FOR REGISTERED WORKERS WHO HAVE REACHED 60 YEARS OF AGE OR WORKERS WHO CANNOT WORK ANYMORE DUE TO ILLNESS||Rs.1,000/-
|11||FAMILY PENSION||IF REGISTERED WORKER DIMISED THEIR HUSBAND/WIFE CAN RECEIVE FAMILY PENSION||Rs.500/-
|12||ACCIDENTAL DEATH||ACCIDENTAL BENEFIT||Rs.2,00,000/-|
|ACCIDENTAL DEATH AT WORK SITE
(FOR BOTH REGISTERED AND UNREGISTERED WORKERS)
(ONLY FOR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS)
|13||ACCIDENTAL DISABILITY||LOSS OF BODY PARTS OR AMPUTATION. COMPENSATION AS APPROPRIATE FOR DISABILITY IN CASE OF PERMANENT LOSS OF FUNCTION OF BODY PART||Rs.1,00,000/-
|IN ADDITION TO THE ACCIDENTAL DISABILITY ALLOWANCE, PROSTHETIC LIMBS/WHEELCHAIR DEPENDING ON THE NATURE NOF THE DSABILITY WILL BE PROVIDED ON MERIT BASIS|
|14||NATURAL DEATH||ONLY FOR NOMINEE||Rs.50,000/-|
|FUNERAL EXPENSE ONLY FOR NOMINEE||Rs.5,000/-|
|15||HOUSING SCHEME||TO PROVIDE TAMILNADU CONSTRUCTION WORKERS WITH AFFORDABLE HOUSING||Rs.4,00,000/-|
Guidelines Relating To Renewal
• Members can apply for renewal of registration about one month before the expiry date of renewal.
• Registered workers should renew their registration once in 5 (five) years, till they complete 60 years of age.
• Only workers who have renewal up to date can avail the allowances.
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below