|Board||Kerala Director of General Education [DHSE]
|Class||First Year Higher Secondary (Plus One) Improvement / Supplementary Examination|
|Month & Year||January 2022|
Kerala Plus One Improvement Exam English Question Paper
Download Kerala Director of General Education, First Year Higher Secondary (Plus One) Improvement / Supplementary Examination, January 2022 English Question Paper PDF Free Online.
Download Kerala Plus One Improvement Exam English Question Paper
|Subject||Model Question paper|
|Plus One Improvement Exam English January 2021||Download|
Kerala Plus One Improvement Exam English Questions
(Questions 1 – 8 : Answer any four questions. Each carries 1 score.)
Read the passage and answer the questions below.
He waited a moment in surprise, wondering why she did not come nearer, and then maddened by hunger, he dived at the fish. With a loud scream, he fell outwards and downwards into space. His mother had swooped upwards. As he passed beneath her, he heard the swish of her wings.
1. “He waited a moment in surprise.” Who is ‘he’, referred to here ?
2. What surprised him ?
General Instructions to Candidates :
• There is a ‘Cool-off time’ of 20 minutes in addition to the writing time.
• Use the ‘Cool-off time’ to get familiar with questions and to plan your answers.
• Read questions carefully before answering.
• Write answer to the specific number of questions as instructed.
• Keep in mind, the score and time while answering the questions.
• Electronic devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
3. What prompted him to dive at the fish ?
4. “He heard the swish of her wings.” Whose wings did he hear ?
Read the extract and answer the following questions :
The glories of our blood and state
Are shadows, not substantial things;
There is no armour against Fate;
Death lays his icy hand on kings :
Sceptre and Crown
Must tumble down,
And in the dust be equal made
With the poor crooked scythe and spade.
5. Which are the non-substantial things, according to the poet ?
6. What does ‘Fate’ refer to here ?
7. Identify the figure of speech in the lines “Scepter and Crown Must tumble down”.
8. What does ‘scythe and spade’ symbolise ?
(Questions 9 -10 : Answer any one question. Carries 4 scores.)
9. Edit the passage.
On 1959, in the age of seventeen, Hawking went to Oxford to study natural science and to specialize on physics. He joined University College in Oxford and took his degree.
10. Choose the correct alternative.
(a) Neither Rita nor Reena _____ (has/have) a chance to win the prize.
(b) Atul and Amit _____ (was/were) present in class.
(c) Rice and curry _____ (is/are) my favourite dish.
(d) The price of vegetables _____ (is/are) going up steadily.
kerala plus one question paper 2020, kerala plus one question paper 2021, kerala plus one question paper 2019, kerala plus one english question paper, kerala plus one accountancy question papers, kerala plus one model question paper 2021, kerala plus one model question paper 2020, kerala plus one biology question paper, kerala plus one march 2017 question paper with answer key, plus one accountancy question paper kerala, dhse kerala plus one question papers, kerala state board plus one question papers, kerala plus one board exam question papers, kerala plus one business studies model question paper, kerala plus one model question paper chemistry, kerala plus one chemistry question paper 2020, kerala plus one commerce previous question papers, kerala plus-one computer science question papers, dhse kerala plus one model question paper, dhse kerala plus one sample question paper, dhse kerala.gov.in plus one question paper, kerala plus one english question paper 2020, kerala plus one economics question paper
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below