|Scholarship||Japanese Government MEXT College of Technology (CT) Scholarship 2023/2024|
|Qualification||Indian College of Technology (CT) Students
|Last Date||29th May 2023|
Japanese Government MEXT CT Scholarship 2024
Applications are invited for Japanese Government MEXT College of Technology (CT) Scholarship 2023/2024
Japanese Government MEXT CT Scholarship Eligibility 2024
Level: Undergraduate level leading to Associate Degree (Diploma)
Age :Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after April 2, 1999
Fields of study:
(1)Choose the preferred field(s) of study from among (A) to (H) listed below. Applicants may enter a first, second and third choice.
(A) Mechanical Engineering
(B) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
(C) Information, Communication and Network Engineering
(D) Materials Engineering
(F) Civil Engineering
(G) Maritime Engineering
(H) Other Fields
(2) Choose the preferred majors element(s) from the “Name of Majors Elements” listed in the chosen field(s) of study on the Annex “Majors and Related Key Terms for Fields of Study”.
Qualifications and Conditions :
In addition to the Qualifications and Conditions listed in the Guidelines, minimum of 65% marks at 12th (or 11th) grade are required. Preference will be given to candidates with Japanese Language proficiency.
Number of Japanese Government MEXT CT Scholarships 2024
Term of scholarship:
From April 2024 to March 2028 (Including one-year preparatory intensive courses of the Japanese language, Japanese affairs, mathematics, and other subjects needed for the preparation to proceed to a college of technology.)
For scholarship grantees majoring in maritime engineering, the scholarship period will be four and a half years, lasting up to September 2028.
Number of scholarships:
Up to 12 (Those appx. 12 applicants who successfully pass the first screening will proceed to the world-wide final screening by MEXT.)
Japanese Government MEXT CT Scholarship Amount 2024
Allowance: 117,000 yen (Approx. Rs.71,200) per month
Education Fees : Exempted
Traveling Expenses: Round-trip airfare will be provided
How To Apply For Japanese Government MEXT CT Scholarship 2024?
Application documents are described in the guidelines. Do not use forms for previous years.
Where to send the completed forms and Where to contact :
(1) Consulate General of Japan in Kolkata
55, M.N. Sen Lane, Tollygunge, Kolkata 700040 firstname.lastname@example.org (website)
(2) For students residing in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Consulate General of Japan in Chennai, No 12/1 Cenetoph Road, 1st Street, Teynampet, Chennai 600018
(3) For students residing in the remaining states and union territories
Japan Information Centre, Embassy of Japan, 50-G, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021
Please note that applications need to be sent by post or courier, marking the envelope – Application for CoT Scholarship 2024.
Important Dates of Japanese Government MEXT CT Scholarship 2024
• Application Deadline (must): 29 May 2023
• Application Screening: in June 2023
• Notification of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test/Interview (on this page): June 2023
• Written Examination: 9 July 2023
• Interview: To be announced
• Notification of the Results of the First Screening: End of July 2023
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below