|Service||Chennai Corporation Property Tax Online Payment|
|Department||Chennai Corporation [GCC]|
|Eligibility||Residents of Chennai|
Steps To Pay Chennai Corporation Property Tax Online
Please ensure the Property Tax Bill Number before making payment.
• Visit Chennai Corporation Property Tax Online Payment Page
• Select ‘Search By’ Option
• Enter the Zone Number, Division Code, Bill Number and Sub Number
• Click On ‘Pay Tax’ Button
Bank Offers For Property Tax Payment
Greater Chennai Corporation has tied up with various banks for offers and rewards for prompt Property Tax payment.
1. Federal Bank :
a. Through Federal Bank Payment Gateway Rs. 100/- Gift Voucher for every unique Property Tax payment
• Minimum payment to avail voucher shall be Rs. 1,000/-.
• Each Property Tax ID will be eligible for a maximum of two gift vouchers in a financial year.
• The offer period ends on 31st March 2023.
• Gift Vouchers will be sent directly to the citizen’s mobile number or email id as shared by GCC.
• The Gift Voucher will be subject to all Terms and conditions as stipulated by the Bank.
Chennai Corporation Property Tax Rules
The assesee should make property tax payment by Cheque or Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Revenue Officer, Corporation of Chennai” at anyone of the following modes:
Through the Tax Collectors,
• Through banks under walk in payment system (IOB, CUB, KVB, HDFC, IDBI, Canara Bank, TMB, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Lakshmi Vilas Bank, Yes bank and IndusInd Bank (even by cash),
• At all e-seva centres (Common Service Centres) set up by State Government through Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable Television Corporation established in all Taluk Offices of Chennai District, Zonal Offices, Divisional Offices, & Head quarters of Greater Chennai Corporation,
• On-line at chennaicorporation.gov.in with “Nil” transaction fee by using Credit Card, Debit Card and through Net Banking,
Procedure to be followed for assessment of property tax:
• The application submitted by the applicant will be scrutinized by the Assessor.
• After informing the applicant the Assessor will measure the newly constructed building and submit the proposal to the concerned officer.
• After the field verification of the approval officer(if required) the proposal will be submitted to the Assessment Committee
• The committee will select the proposals randomly to verify the correctness of the assessments.
• After scrutiny, the committee will approve the proposals.
• After approval of the committee the new assessment order (Notice 6) will be issued to the assessee. The assessees are also informed through SMS.
Chennai Corporation Complaint Number
Complaint Number – 1913
chennai corporation property tax online, chennai corporation property tax status, chennai corporation property tax receipt, chennai corporation property tax calculator, chennai corporation property tax revision, chennai corporation property tax name change online, chennai corporation property tax complaints, chennai corporation property tax customer care number, chennai corporation property tax rates, chennai corporation property tax due date
Have a question? Please feel free to reach out by leaving a comment below